July 18, 2022 at 10:02 ammanuel.uruenaSubscriber
I am using cerig constraint equation in APDL to link the UZ degree of freedom of two nodes connected by a spring element. The master node has a displacement applied in UZ and UX UY constraint, while the slave node has UX and UY constraint.
In the results, the master node moves in UZ direction but the slave node doesnt. The contraint seems correctly defined. I have also tried CP command but the result is the same. How can I make both nodes share the UZ displacement?
July 18, 2022 at 11:21 amErik KostsonAnsys Employee
This is pyMAPDL. I would sugget to do this manually (in MAPDL) on a simple model make sure CP (coupling nodes together) commands do what you want, and then move over and do the same simple example (not with 4 million nodes) in pyMAPDL.
All the best
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Large deflection
- Colors and Mesh Display