Fluids

Fluids

CFD air bubbles simulations

• mohammed_mostafa
      Subscriber

I am doing a CFD simulation of injected air through a tank filled with water. I want to ask if I can through ansys to determine the number of bubbles formed through the simulation and the mean diameter of them.

• Nikhil Narale
      Ansys Employee
      Hello,

It is very much possible to model the air injection and subsequent bubble formation Using Ansys FluentÔÇÖs volume of fluid (VOF) multiphase modeling capability. However, caution needs to be taken while discretizing the domain and setting up the solver to capture the flow accurately. To find out the number and the mean diameter of bubbles, you need to try things out at the post-processing stage.
      To understand more on how to setup a case, please refer to this link: Chapter 19: Using the VOF Model (ansys.com)
      Note that, the tutorial in the link is just for the reference. If you are not able to access the above link, please refer to this forum discussion: Using Help with links ÔÇö Ansys Learning Forum

Nikhil
    • mohammed_mostafa
      Subscriber
      Thanks for answering. I have already done the simulation of air injection and it worked, but I want to know how to extract the information I want as number of bubbles and their mean diameter.
    • Robert Woolhouse
      Ansys Employee
      Which model did you use?
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.