July 26, 2020 at 12:46 pmsrinivassivaraman69Subscriber
hello everyone, I am an graduate student pursuing safety engineering. My interest lies in process safety and I have been studying recently on fire modelling and risk analysis, and I have started to understand the importance of CFD in real time applications of my domain. Well in the field of CFD this is my starting point, and it would be helpful to get advice from you all to help me learn the different aspects of CFD for fire simulation and modelling
the few doubts I have before I start studying is:
1) I have studied the numerical as well as computational modelling of pool and jet fire in PHAST software, but what is the level of possibility and how to model it in CFD-ansys fluent
2) can you suggest some reference books and articles for me to start on
March 26, 2021 at 2:00 amamrit085SubscriberHello Everyone,nI am doing thesis in tunnel fire simulation.Can you advise me about the paramateres that I should take .In addition to this, can anyone suggest me the necessary steps to be followe in simulation???n
March 26, 2021 at 1:47 pmRobAnsys EmployeeStart out by deciding if you're interested in the combustion part of the fire or just where the smoke & heat are going. Then figure out how much tunnel you need to worry about, and why you're doing the modelling. That will guide on what you need to include in the model. n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Heat transfer coefficient
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.