Ansys Products

Ansys Products

CFD (Fluent) Post Processing Application failed to connect

• JeremyG
      Subscriber

Hello there!
      When trying to do some CFD post processing, I got an error that said the application failed to connect. Below is a picture of the full error message. As per another thread from someone else with the same issue, I tried to open CFDpost.exe by itself (C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv201CFXbincfdpost.exe) and got an error saying MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll were not found. The other person solved this by reinstalling Microsoft Visual Studios. I already have them installed and was able to find these folders under C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv201CFXbinwinnt-amd64. As such I have no idea why the program can't find these application or what I should do next.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

If you can't directly run this C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv201CFXbincfdpost.exe without issue, then we have to fix this first.

I'd still recommend to go through all of the prerequisites installers under C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv201prereq

Manually run all the installers here one-by-one. Make sure they are all successful. You can skip the opencl and MPI related ones. You may need to reboot after this.

Also, do you have an 'install.err' file under C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Student  

• JeremyG
      Subscriber

It worked, thank you! I ran all the installers, then successfully opened C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv201CFXbincfdpost.exe without an error coming up, and then was able to open the CFD post processing from the Workbench.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Perfect ! Glad that works for you.

Please mark the post as 'Is Solution' so we know there is a resolution for this issue.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.