Fluids

Fluids

CFD-Post Calculate Value in Region of Interest

• aCVP
      Subscriber

Hi ANSYS Student Community,

In CFD-Post, is there a way to calculate a value within a certain region of interest? For example (see picture below): Let's say I ran a simulation with the blue cylinder as my fluid domain. However, in CFD-Post, I want to only calculate the average velocity of what is in the orange cube (my region of interest).

To clarify: the orange cube is an arbitrary region of interest that I have defined and is not an actual geometry included in the simulation.

Thanks.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Have a look in the location options in CFD Post.  Note, depending on the cell size you may see some interpolation issues. 

• aCVP
      Subscriber

So when I look through the volume options under "location," the only methods present are "sphere, from surface, isovolume, and surrounding node." I am not seeing a "cube" option.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Hmm, looks like you'll either have to use a sphere or investigate "point cloud" and define a 3d array. 

• aCVP
      Subscriber

I was able to use the "point cloud" command to create a sampling cube! It worked great - thank you!!!

• khayrulbuet13
      Subscriber
      Generate an Isosurface for the cube and then calculate whatever you wantnn
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.