Fluids

Fluids

CFD Post: defining a custom heat transfer coefficent

• Stefan_Panajotovic
      Subscriber

Hello everyone,

obtaining the heat transfer coefficient in post-processing is common yet I am unable to find a solution to my problem. I have done a thermal analysis of a heated pipe coupled with a flow of water through it, using Fluent. I would now like to plot the surface heat transfer coefficient on the inner side of the pipe using the following simple equation:

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Have a look at the post processing options in Fluent for the temperature and wall groups. The data exists, but it may not be transferred automatically to CFD Post. In Fluent we have Custom Field Functions and Expressions (new and rapidly evolving feature).
    • Stefan_Panajotovic
      Subscriber
      Hi, nthanks for a prompt answer. I am aware that the surface heat transfer coefficient and surface temperature can be read out in Fluent directly. Below is the picture of the surface temperature for a different geometry, but the point is the same: nI don't need to just see the data, I need to be able to access it and use it to visualize other properties. Is there a possibility to export this temperature to CFD post somehow? nThanks in advance,nKind regards from GermanynStefan n
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.