Fluids

Fluids

CFD-Post Error in loading all time steps when running on Linux Cluster

• ashrafw1
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am facing a problem when trying to access all time steps in CFD post. I am running a transient simulation on Linux cluster and saving data files every 10 time steps. At the end of simulation, I write the final case and data files. When it finishes , I copy all data and case files in dp0/FFF/Fluent directory . When trying to load any intermediate time step (case or data file) separately in CFD post, it brings an error that the case file can't be loaded. I am only successful in loading the final time step and of course the previous time steps are not loaded then. When I try to open the .flprj file , it brings an error that the case and data files cannot be read.

Note: I am working in workbench (not fluent standalone) and all time steps can be loaded in Fluent , separately, with an error : state/object/set-state: rules not found for object type path /report/runinformationsettings . However , the results are loaded.

How can I load all time steps in CFD post when using Linux cluster ?

Thanks

• Swathi V. V.
      Ansys Employee
      Hello Can you save the final case and dat file in *.gz format and try loading it in CFD post.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.