Fluids

Fluids

CFD Post – Local Nusselt Number

• alpyldz
      Subscriber

Hello all, I am trying to get Local Nusselt Number values. I am using the chart in the CFD-Post and I created a line then I want to find the heat transfer coefficient then I will export it and calculate in excel this equation Nu=h.L/k and I will find local Nusselt numbers. So my problem is chart values. Because as you see in the photos there is not heat transfer coefficient value when I look after run. How can I open that value? Do I need to open something in Fluent?  (My method is laminar.) If you know something like different method to find local Nusselt number, please tell me. I found the easiest way like using that chart.

Best regards Alp

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello, 

If you are exporting Fluent results (File -> Export -> Solution Data), please go in and write your CDAT files from Fluent. While writing these files, please make sure you are picking the variable so you can calculate the parameters of your interest. These variables could be Surface Nusselt Number or Surface Heat Transfer Coefficient or Wall Adjacent Heat Transfer Coefficient. Please pick them appropriately, export the solution data from Fluent, read this into CFD Post, and you should have the necessary parameter.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Karthik

• alpyldz
      Subscriber

Thank you sir, I exported my solution data like you said and import it to the cfd post. Now, I can see the values which I need.

Sir May I ask you another question, my problem is simple natural convection (left wall hot, right wall cold, top and bottom wall adiabatic) I can find heat transfer coef. at the  left and right walls but I can't find heat transfer coef. at  mid vertical like yellow line. What is the reason for this do you know it?

Best regards

Alp

• Karthik R
      Administrator

What do you mean by you cannot find the heat transfer coefficient? Are you able to plot this in Fluent?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.