Fluids

Fluids

CFD-POST not animating sliding domain in transient analysis

• MadScientist
      Subscriber

Hello,

I followed the following series of videos to mesh my own periodic domain for propeller modelling.

","embedType":"youtube","name":"ANSYS Meshing: Meshing Repetitive Geometries - Part 1","frameSrc":"https://www.youtube.com/embed/itbYd0LLDyk?feature=oembed&autoplay=1"}">
      ">
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      I will rather user default export to CFD-Post and just export case file every time you try to write data: stick to this for couple of time step to see if it helps.
      That warning in CFD-Post is telling that it cannot understand your parameter regarding angular velocity and all that stuff so it will had some issues translating the relative velocities.
      Are you using actual release?
      Is Fluent Post-Processing not enough to have good animations?
    • MadScientist
      Subscriber
      What do you mean by default export? Is it the final file Fluent exports at the end of the simulation?
      I saw that I had not exported Relative velocities in the Automatic Export Dialog, but I had exported the Mesh Velocities. Could this be the problem?
      Actual Release? Yes, this is not the Student Version. It's the Enterprise version that we have bought!
      Fluent Post Processing requires me to know beforehand what I want to animate so that I can define the scenes beforehand, right? I just wanted to get as much data as possible and animate all of them to see visually the trends. This is why I was exporting to CFD-Post.
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Default export: writing a case file every time you write a data file.
      As you are commercial customer: can you please get in touch with your local Ansys Support using Customer Portal?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.