Fluids

Fluids

CFD-POST: Variable Distribution along a Constant Span Curve of an Imported Surface

• YangKTH
      Subscriber

Hi all, 

In CFD-POST, I am trying to get a variable distribution along a constant span curve. I would like to see the variable's variation from the leading edge to the trailing edge, on both pressure and the suction side, which is quite similar to the blade loading chart. 

The difference is that now I am not working on a CFX result file directly, but working on an imported surface, a .csv file. Since this is only a surface, there is not enough information to turbo-initialize it and draw the constant span curve directly.

Are there other methods to get this distribution?

Best regards,

Young

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Export the turbo curves and use them as reference to adjust your csv or check the poly line method if suitable for you.

• YangKTH
      Subscriber

Hi Abenhadj,

Thank you for your reply.

Could you explain further to 'adjust' the csv? You also mentioned polyline method, so do you mean interpolation?

I was also thinking about that and planed to do it in matlab or somewhere else, bot not in CFDPOST anymore.

Best regards,

Yang  

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Just check if Requirements for Setting Up a Background Mesh and line or polyline method is suitable for you

Regarding adjust your csv: Export the turbo Plots (to have the right format), Adjust your exp. value or the data (to have the right coordinates) you have and then you have the possibility to read all back

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.