Fluids

Fluids

CFDpost 2020 R1 doesn’t load result files

• jfonken
      Subscriber

Hi all,

I'm experiencing a problem with CFDpost version 2020R1. When I open a .dat or .rst file using CFDpost, it works fine. However, when I open CFDpost and try to load result files (using file > load results), I only get an empty window, as shown in the figure below and I'm unable to select any files.

Does anyone has any suggestions how to solve this? I never experienced problems with CFDpost version 19.2.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Judith

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      How are you opening the *.dat file? nGenerally a graphic driver update is required. Please download the latest graphic card driver from manufacturer web siten
    • jfonken
      Subscriber
      Hi DrAmine,nThanks for your suggestion. I downloaded and installed the lastest graphic card driver, but it unfortunately didn't solve the problem. Do you maybe have any further suggestions?nThanks,nJudithn
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      You said you can read a dat file? How are you opening the *.dat file? Which dat file? Can you open any other file? Do you have a dedicated and supported graphic card?n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Re the .dat file, you do have the .cas file in the same folder? n
    • jfonken
      Subscriber
      Hi DrAmine and Rob,nI can open any .dat or .rst file I like, as long as I select the file, right-click it and open it with CFDpost. However, when I open CFDpost and want to load a file, I don't get a window to select one. This is also a problem when I want to load another case. Therefore, I don't think its a problem with the graphics card. I had no problem loading files in CFDpost 19.2. n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Might still be a problem related to your system and graphic cards. I guess the Window is not appearing due to some reasons either graphics or Windows is blocking that. Do you see any error messages in the CFD-Post Command Line Prompt (which is always opened whenever you open CFD-Post)?n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Just a thought, do you have two screens (or sometimes run 2 screens)? I've seen panels displayed on another, nonexistent, screen before. Usually Microsoft products though....nn
    • jfonken
      Subscriber
      I do have a second screen, but its not occurring on the second (left) screen either. When I disconnect the second screen, the problem isn't solved either. I also don't get any error messages...
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Disable Firewall, Defender and AntiVir, Disconnect from Internet and try again.n
    • jfonken
      Subscriber
      That unfortunately also didn't work...n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Do you have a dedicated graphic card?n
    • jfonken
      Subscriber
      What do you mean exactly with a dedicated graphic card?n
    • jfonken
      Subscriber
      Some additional information, I also encounter a similar problem when I want to save a state in CFDpost.n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      No intel chips. nThis is definitely a graphic on Windows issue. n
    • jfonken
      Subscriber
      I don't know a lot about graphic cards unfortunately. I do have an Intel graphics card:nn
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Have a look into this:nnnAnd try enforcing usage of NVIDIA.n
    • jfonken
      Subscriber
      HI DrAmine,nWhen I disable the Intel graphic card, CFDpost works properly nHowever, with the Intel graphic card disabled, other processes are hindered, so I need to figure out how to use NVIDIA in CFDpost without disabling the Intel card.nThanks for your valuable advice! n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Welcome!nnYou can make it applications specific:nnn
    • jfonken
      Subscriber
      This works! Thank you very much!n
Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.