August 3, 2018 at 2:34 pmLeo LiSubscriber
I'm having trouble with loading mesh files into cfx directly. I kept getting error saying 'unable to locate import executable' suddenly after I changed my geometry and generated the mesh again. Later on, I tried to load other mesh files that works fine with cfx previously, and I cannot open them neither. Also, to make sure that special characters do not exist in the route of the mesh file, I saved it on my desktop. But, it seems that cfx does not like it anyway. Could you please help me out with this issue?
August 3, 2018 at 5:11 pmKarthik RAdministrator
Are you getting this error with standalone CFX run or are you opening this in WorkBench? If you are using WorkBench, are you running a design of experiments study or are you manually changing the geometry?
August 3, 2018 at 6:36 pmLeo LiSubscriber
August 6, 2018 at 12:57 amSurya DebAnsys Employee
If you are trying to import a CFX mesh type (.gtm or .cfx), then please make sure that the correct mesh-type is selected by going to Edit-->Options-->Mesh-->Mesh Import Options.
You will be able to select the appropriate Source Format from a drop down list.
January 22, 2021 at 1:57 am
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.