Fluids

Fluids

CFX Mesh Loading Issue

• Leo Li
      Subscriber

Hi Community, 

I'm having trouble with loading mesh files into cfx directly. I kept getting error saying 'unable to locate import executable' suddenly after I changed my geometry and generated the mesh again. Later on, I tried to load other mesh files that works fine with cfx previously, and I cannot open them neither. Also, to make sure that special characters do not exist in the route of the mesh file, I saved it on my desktop. But, it seems that cfx does not like it anyway. Could you please help me out with this issue? 

CFX Loading Error

Thank you! 

Leo

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

Are you getting this error with standalone CFX run or are you opening this in WorkBench? If you are using WorkBench, are you running a design of experiments study or are you manually changing the geometry?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Karthik

• Leo Li
      Subscriber

Hi Karthik, 

I'm running with standard CFX individually. it's CFX 18.2. I also tried to open the CFX-Pre that I ran before, it allowed me to reload the mesh, and I was able to work with it by saving it a new file. But, I could not just load the mesh file into the CFX directly by creating a new window.

Thank you!

Leo

• Surya Deb
      Ansys Employee

Hi Leo,

If you are trying to import a CFX mesh type (.gtm or .cfx), then please make sure that the correct mesh-type is selected by going to Edit-->Options-->Mesh-->Mesh Import Options. 

You will be able to select the appropriate Source Format from a drop down list. 

Regards,

Surya

• dmp
      Subscriber
      Hi,n I am not able to import .cfx5 neven though, workbench is installed, i am getting error message, What could be possible solution?nThanksn n
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.