Fluids

Fluids

CFX rbstate function

Tagged: 

• vinnakbm
      Subscriber

Hi, I'm trying to specify the velocity of one rigid body (immersed solid) as a function of another rigid body. Can rbstate function be used for a specified timestep instead of current timestep for extracting rigid body data? The syntax shown in help documentation for rbstate(linear velocity x)@rigid body does not have a time variable in it. Is it calulated at the end of each time step to be plotted as a monitor point? However, if I want to extract rbstate(variable) at a different timestep or time stamp in the past, is there a way to do it in CFX Pre? Any help is appreciated, Thank you vey much! 

• rfblumen
      Ansys Employee

In general, it's not possible to retrieve a variable value from a previous time step in CFX during a transient calculation.  The only way this might be done is through User Fortran, where variable values from can be stored at each timestep and later retrieved through a junction box routine.  Please refer to "Chapter 19:  User Fortran" in the CFX Modeling Guide for details on using User Fortran in CFX.

• vinnakbm
      Subscriber

Thank you! I'll look it up.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.