January 30, 2018 at 7:38 amWalaikornSubscriber
I have been practiced using Ansys software for 2 months.
Now, I am trying to simulation jet cross flow and I have the problem in the step of calculation process in CFX-Solver. The error was showed in this picture.
I have already checked and regenerated meshing but it's not work. For the recommend Of changing the parameter of vector parallel tolerance, I haven't seen and found where is this setting. If you know that, please help me to fix it.
I think that the problem that the symmetry is not parallel to the plane is about this points (In the pictures) because the symmetry vectors are not parallel to the others.
Do you have any idea to help me solve this problem?
Thank you in advance
January 30, 2018 at 3:58 pmraul.raghavSubscriber
Did you create the mesh using ICEM-CFD? Can you share the workbench archive file so that we can take a look at it?
January 31, 2018 at 4:01 amWalaikornSubscriber
Thank you for your reply.
I didn't use workbench in this simulation. I used ICEM-CFD to create mesh, this is the simple meshing and the mesh quality is equal 1(maximum).
These pictures are the step of meshing.
I create geometry and meshing in ICEM-CFD --> define parameters by CFX-Pre --> calculation by CFX-Solver --> postprocessing in CFD-Post
If you need more information, please let me know.
Thank you so much.
January 31, 2018 at 5:24 pmraul.raghavSubscriber
I could help you better if I had access to the icem-cfd project. Can you zip the project folder and attach it here?
If you'd like to give it a shot, I have a couple of suggestions which might be of help to you:
1. The points in your geometry might not be exactly located on the symmetry plane, due to which the CFX shows "symmetry-vectors" that are not parallel. When the blocking is complete and it is projected on to the symmetry plane, it is not exactly projected on the symmetry plane due to which you might have the issue. You might want to associate faces with the surfaces manually and then try exporting it to CFX.
2. You'd have to rebuild the surfaces with a lower tolerance and then try the blocking.
February 1, 2018 at 4:06 amWalaikornSubscriber
Thank you very much for your recommend. I appreciated that.
I will recheck again follow by your suggestion.
One more question, how can I setting the tolerance in the program?
Thank you in advance.
February 2, 2018 at 4:32 pm
February 4, 2018 at 10:50 amWalaikornSubscriber
I am so appreciated for your helping.
Thank you very much.
- The topic ‘CFX-Solver error’ is closed to new replies.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- legend min and max
- Ensight hot iron palette from an image
- Streamlines in EnSight using MRI data
- Import MRI data into Ensight
- FLUENT APPLICATIION ERROR
- Total Surface Heat Flux Calculation in Fluent
- Difference between “total pressure” and “absolute pressure”?
- Drop Test of a Water-Filled Tube
- Minimum Orthogonal Quality Less than 0.01 For Transonic Airfoil Flow Analysis
- obtaining pressure distribution by making points in ansys
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.