July 8, 2023 at 1:04 pm22503862Subscriber
I'm trying to change the flow courant number for a steady state simulation, but there is no command?? The closest I can find in the TUI manual is:
but this doesn't exist in my solve/set menu!! What is going on
July 10, 2023 at 7:46 amEssenceAnsys Employee
Which version of Fluent are you using?
July 10, 2023 at 7:52 am22503862SubscriberHi, I'm using 2023 R1
July 10, 2023 at 8:52 amEssenceAnsys Employee
Assuming you are using Pressure based solver, please check if the Pseudo time method is ON or OFF. And in the Controls, check if the option to change the Courant number is available. If it is, then you need to use: solve/set/p-v-controls. Here, Fluent will give you an option to change the Control parameters and one of them would be Courant number.
July 10, 2023 at 12:41 pm22503862Subscriber
Thank you! I found it, it was under that p-v controls menu. Cheers
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.