August 26, 2021 at 9:33 amcujhgSubscriber
I used to use the free student version from Ansys. As I've run into the limitation of 512000 Nodes I want to switch to my university's academic licence. Is that possible or do I have to reinstall Ansys from the ground up?
ClemensAugust 26, 2021 at 8:09 pmANSYS_MMadoreAnsys EmployeeYou will need to install the full Ansys package.
March 1, 2022 at 10:17 pmdrwatts9721Subscriber
How can we go about installing the full Package? I also have the student version and would like to switch over to the full package. I cannot find any location on the website for installing the full package.
March 2, 2022 at 11:46 amRobAnsys EmployeeThe full package is on the Customer Portal, https://support.ansys.com/Home/HomePage under downloads. You'll need to register, and if you have any problems please use the Help on there: we can't do anything from this side.
Please make sure you completely uninstall the Student version(s) from your machine BEFORE installing the full version. The licence managers do not work well together. You'll also need to either have a local licence or see the University system.
Viewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Limitations to Student License?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- No license available at this time
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Problem with ANSYS 18.2 SpaceClaim
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.