March 30, 2023 at 7:01 pmJonas MathiassenSubscriber
I want to change the meshorder for a structure group using the Lumerical Python API.
Specifically I am using the rounded tip cone object, and I want to set the mesh order for this. For a normal object you enable the 'override mesh order from material database' and set the meshorder.
For a structure group, this option is not available unless you break the structure group, which I have not found a way to do from the scripting language.
Any suggestions on how to do this would be highly appreciated!
March 31, 2023 at 1:39 am
March 31, 2023 at 7:10 amJonas MathiassenSubscriber
This was definitely the way to go, thank you very much!
March 31, 2023 at 5:19 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
If this is for a existing simulation file other than from "add", you can modify the script in the structure group by adding the override mesh script. You cannot use an independet script file to partially modify the structure group, except you set a meshorder variable in the structure group "properties", and access it (eg, assign a value to the variable) through script file or a python file.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.