May 25, 2017 at 4:55 pmmattwSubscriber
In Workbench Static Structural, sometimes when I refine a mesh, I input a smaller mesh size but the elements remain unchanged. Do you have to input a large enough difference in order for the mesh to refine?
May 26, 2017 at 1:34 ampglAnsys Employee
There are a number of factors that can influence how a mesh gets refined. When using "Global and Local Mesh Controls" (See the Meshing Users Guide), the "Size Function" has considerable influence, if this is set to "Adaptive" then the mesher uses the "value of the element size property to determine a starting point for the mesh size". If the "Size Function" is set to "on" then you'll have more control by using the Min and Max Sizes controls. You can even override them.
For the R18.0 ANSYS Student Product, go to ANSYS 18.0 > ANSYS Help 18.0 in your Windows Start Menu. Then navigate to "Meshing Users Guide" and the check out the Global and Local mesh controls sections. These should address your question more thoroughly.
Here's a short video about Workbench Meshing from our Student Product Support Resources webpage.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Conformal vs Non-Conformal Mesh
- ANSYS Workbench Measuring within Design
- Error in meshing
- The mesh file exporter could not resolve cyclic dependencies in overlapping contact regions error
- Meshing Error
- Ansys 19.0 – will not create mesh
- Can I view which mesh files (the names of them) are loaded into Fluent?
- Dealing with inflation layers around sharp corners in Ansys workbench meshing
- Mathematical model stuck at 1% with a warning of remote displacement
- how to improve the inflation quality at sharp corners?