3D Design

3D Design

Changing rectangle orientation

• bushrar
      Subscriber

Hello,  

Enclosed is a picture of a cross section of the desired geometry, where a rectangle is positioned diagonally across a sector of a counterbore.  I was wondering how to change the orientation of the rectangle from the default

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Do you mean to have a parameter to change the angle of the rectangle or just rotate it once?

Do you want to do this in DesignModeler or SpaceClaim?

Is the rectangle a cut or an extrusion from the base sector?

Which version of ANSYS are you using?

• bushrar
      Subscriber

I would like to have a parameter change the angle of the rectangle on Design Modeler (ANSYS 17).  I was also planning on extruding it.

• bushrar
      Subscriber

I figured it out now!  I created a new plane where I rotated the angle of the plane about the z axis.  But I do have a follow up question.  I am trying to cut off the corner volume of the rectangular extrude sticking out from the counterbore sector:

It should be noted that I sketched and extruded the rectangle after slicing and suppressing the remaining sector bodies, and the rectangular body was placed directly on the bottom of the sector.  I tried Boolean operations where I used the sector portions cut off from the second third and fourth quadrants of the X-Y Planes as the 'tool bodies' and the rectangle as the 'target and only ended up with the full rectangular prism

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Attached is an ANSYS 16.2 archive that has a parameter called RectAngle.

Click the Parameters button to get this window at the bottom of DM.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.