August 14, 2019 at 1:42 pmmeaney1Subscriber
Request information for validation of Chapman Jouget baseline pressure values.
SR Description: Several explosive simulations I have ran over the past year indicate that CJ conditions are not being achieved. Peak pressures in the steady state region often do not reach the pre-set CJ-Pressure value within the material EOS. I am requesting an explanation of how these pre-set CJ-Pressure values were determined and what charge configuration/model setup was used. The situation of recreating these conditions and validating the AUTODYN values is of great interest to me.
August 15, 2019 at 3:22 pmMike RifeAnsys Employee
Meaney1 If you are working in Autodyn then select the 'Review' button for the specific material defined. This should auto-open a html document that gives the material variables and their values along with the reference at the bottom of the page. You can look up the reference in the Illinois library as needed.
August 15, 2019 at 4:46 pmmeaney1Subscriber
Mike, thank you for the help. I know there is a space within the materials tab for reference information to be entered. I am curious as to how many materials you think actually have that information entered. I am currently away from the program, but from what I remember, most (if not all) materials do not have a reference listed. Can I just ask an AUTODYN expert (like yourself) for the reference? That would be tremendously helpful. Example: Nitromethane. What is the reference?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.