General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Chapman-Jouget Condition

• meaney1
      Subscriber

Request information for validation of Chapman Jouget baseline pressure values.

SR Description: Several explosive simulations I have ran over the past year indicate that CJ conditions are not being achieved. Peak pressures in the steady state region often do not reach the pre-set CJ-Pressure value within the material EOS. I am requesting an explanation of how these pre-set CJ-Pressure values were determined and what charge configuration/model setup was used. The situation of recreating these conditions and validating the AUTODYN values is of great interest to me.

• Mike Rife
      Ansys Employee

Meaney1 If you are working in Autodyn then select the 'Review' button for the specific material defined.  This should auto-open a html document that gives the material variables and their values along with the reference at the bottom of the page.  You can look up the reference in the Illinois library as needed.

Mike

• meaney1
      Subscriber

Mike, thank you for the help. I know there is a space within the materials tab for reference information to be entered. I am curious as to how many materials you think actually have that information entered. I am currently away from the program, but from what I remember, most (if not all) materials do not have a reference listed. Can I just ask an AUTODYN expert (like yourself) for the reference? That would be tremendously helpful. Example: Nitromethane. What is the reference?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.