July 31, 2020 at 1:08 pmKarthik RAdministratorWhy the characteristic impedance of RF transmission lines is 50 Ohms?
July 31, 2020 at 1:08 pmprajputAnsys Employee50 ohms is the trade-off between power and losses. maximum power transfer is at a peak at 30 ohms but attenuation or losses are minimum at around 77 Ohms. So, 50 ohms is selected as standard as the trade-off between losses and power.
July 31, 2020 at 1:09 pmKarthik RAdministratorThanks for the reply ?, I wonder how the characteristics impedance of microstrip line is determined?
July 31, 2020 at 1:09 pmprajputAnsys Employee
The Characteristics impedance of the strip line depends on the width of stripline, substrate material, and height.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- What is the difference between internal and external flows?
- How do you define specific gravity? What is its significance???
- Why is it much easier to roll a log than drag a wood cube with the same mass?
- The level of water inside the straw was higher than the level of water in the beaker
- What is the surface tension of a fluid?
- How to gain research experience?
- Whats the difference between sensible heat and latent heat?
- Cell Counting?
- Why does the total sum of forces acting on a system always have to be equal to zero?
- Why ice floats on water
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.