Photonics – Chinese

Photonics – Chinese

Charge material parameter setting problem

Tagged: 

• yangzhou517
      Subscriber

I'm very sorry to bother you. There is a question that has puzzled me for a long time.I need to set up a perovskite semiconductor material,

• Khashayar Ghaffari
      Ansys Employee
      Hi Thank you for reaching out. Please note that as youÔÇÖve indicated, intrinsic carrier concentration also depends on the bandgap. So here ni will not be equal to Nc (and Nv).
      Also important to note that the units for ni is cm-3 and not m-3. This might be relevant as you revisit your calculations.
      Best regards
    • yangzhou517
      Subscriber
      I want to know how the effective mass is calculated. The value I calculated based on the formula given is wrong.
      if the formula for effective mass deduced from this formula is different from the formula given
      The reverse push should be square of h

• Khashayar Ghaffari
      Ansys Employee
      Hi Sorry for the delay. The calculations in CHARGE for effective mass and intrinsic carrier concentration are based on the following two equations (this is the referenced documentation article):
      With the specified 0.0012 effective mass in your settings I can confirm Nc, and Nc will be around 1e12 1/m3. However, for ni calculation, you need to multiply sqrt(Nc*Nc) by exp(-Eg/2*kb*T) as well. Once converted to 1/cm3 the calculated ni will match what is shown in your settings (around 262).
      Best regards
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.