July 4, 2023 at 8:15 amMelanie MicaliSubscriber
does anyone know how can I fix this type of error?
Refinement limit exceeded for optical generation rate constraint. The mesh is valid but may not be adequately refined.
July 4, 2023 at 10:53 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
This is a common problem, meaning the optical generation is too large for the current mesh to resolve. Please check the power scale factor and make sure the injected power is proper for the small device. In addition you may need to increase the iteration limit etc. Please refer to
July 27, 2023 at 8:31 amMelanie MicaliSubscriber
Thanks for the reply.
However, I still don't understand why the injected power wouldn't be the proper one for the device. The optical generation rate is imported from FDTD simulations where the structure is exactly the same as CHARGE. Why should I scale it down?
Thanks in advance
July 28, 2023 at 8:32 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
oh, yes. Common question.
In FDTD, the input power has been scaled to 1W. for small device it cannot bear such high optical absorption power. So we need to scale it down. Think this way, in the lab, how much power a detector can allow to be detected linearly? usually it is small. For high power lasers it will need bulk power meter.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.