August 4, 2022 at 2:13 amDwLixixiSubscriber
Hi，my device size is 50 x 50 microns and the film thickness is about 1 micron. During the charge simulation process, I want to perform a 3D simulation. How can I set the maximum and minimum side lengths of the mesh to run? 2D simulation, I set 2 microns and 0.05 microns to run. Please give advice on Mesh settings in 3D simulation, thanks a lot.
August 4, 2022 at 4:38 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
If you have materials with large volume, you can use larger max edge length. If it is narrow and long, it can be a little challenge for meshing. May be you can first try your initial guess. Or make it running faster, you can try (2,0.1) um. and later you can do converge test by reducing the edge length.
Since this is Finite Element method, the element quality matters. If the edge length has larger difference, it can take more steps to create the mesh. Please try and let me know if you have questions.
August 8, 2022 at 6:03 amDwLixixiSubscriber
“ If the edge length has larger difference, it can take more steps to create the mesh.”Do you mean trying different mesh settings multiple times?
August 8, 2022 at 4:17 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
yes. The rule of thurm is, for uniform volume it only needs coarse, larger edge length whereas for small dimension, large gradient of doping or static fields smaller edge length is needed. The meshing begins from large edge length and then refines it by those constraints, until the iteration limit is reached.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Lumerical support has moved to the Ansys Learning Forum (ALF)
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- focusing efficiency