Fluids

Fluids

Check surface cell maximum skewness after creating the volume mesh

• eliocpereira
      Subscriber

Is there any way of checking the maximum skewness of the surface mesh after creating the volume mesh? The only checking that Fluent seems that is able to do is on orthogonal quality, cell squish, aspect ratio and expansion ratio but not on maximum skewness. It was able to do it before creating the volume mesh though.

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      You can do it in Fluent Meshing easily.
      Your quality looks ok to proceed in solver.
      Please go through help manual for more details
      Regards Keyur
      How to access Ansys Online Help Document
      Guidelines on the Student Community

• eliocpereira
      Subscriber
      I indeed found a way of checking the maximum skewness of the surface cells after generating the volume mesh. In Fluent Meshing I used the command
      `objects/summary yes`
      and then chose the mesh object for which I wanted to know the maximum skewness.
      Also, one can click with the mouse right button on "Face Zone Labels" in Outline View -> Mesh Objects -> (where is the name of the mesh object) and choose "Summary" to get a summary on the maximum skewness.

• eliocpereira
      Subscriber
      I indeed found a way of checking the maximum skewness of the surface cells after generating the volume mesh. In Fluent Meshing I used the command
      objects/summary yes
      and then chose the mesh object for which I wanted to know the maximum skewness.
      Also, one can click with the mouse right button on "Face Zone Labels" in Outline View -> Mesh Generation -> Mesh Objects -> (where is the name of the mesh object) and choose "Summary" to get a summary on the maximum skewness.

Viewing 3 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.