Fluids

Fluids

Check two-sided wall

• prebenjs
      Subscriber

How do you ensure / check in the FLUENT GUI that there is no two-sided walls with zero thickness ?

• prebenjs
      Subscriber
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      All naming everyone does is fill our notifications up - we then miss stuff or turn them off. Please don't.

If you're checking boundary conditions you can use Input Summary under Run Calculation in the Solution tab.
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Or Adjacency panel.
    • prebenjs
      Subscriber
      Thanks for the reply. But I'm not really sure how one can see if it is a zero thickness two-sided wall ?
      For the input summary: How do i see if this is a two-sided wall with zero thickness ?
      The same goes for the method of adjacency panel ?
      The line of concern is lister under internal (as an interior type). Does this mean that I do not have to check for this ?
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      If it's an internal/interior in the display list it's not a wall.
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Give it a name in preprocessing
    • prebenjs
      Subscriber
      Thanks for the clear and concise answer! Just read that it was important to check for zero-thickness walls when having several regions that are meshed separately, but then this isn't a problem.
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      If you mesh several sections and find wall & wall shadow pairs then you have a wall between cell zones. Easiest way to check is to label everything and then look at each label and default labelled surfaces in Fluent.
    • prebenjs
      Subscriber
      Okay, because then you would have a two walls named the same, and with an index ? (since fluent separates them) eventhough, you've given unique labels to every surface and zone.
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      The labels are separated to account for the cell zones. If you label all of the volumes too, and add them to the same label (eg fluid-main) the walls won't separate. If you don't label them the wall will be split over the number of volume labels.
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
    • prebenjs
      Subscriber
      In my case I have two cell zones that are created, due to the two regions in the meshing. The only labeled geometry (named selections) are the walls, however fluent names the two cell-zones by default (e.g. cell-zone and cell-zone1). The walls seems to be separated since displaying the internal labeled mesh, gives three mesh zones (surfaces), one splitting line (used to separate the regions in the meshing) and two surfaces named interior-geom and interior-geom2.

Displaying the mesh here shows no external walls. However, splitting line is merely a mesh-line separating the regions, but it shows a good and conformal display.
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      I still do not recognize the problem or the pain here. What is now your question?
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Please display the walls, and highlight where you think there may be a wall in the middle of the domain.
Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.