Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Chemkin License Limits

• ed12s6w
      Subscriber

Hi There,

I have been trying to use Chemkin 2019 R3 for a DI diesel simulation. I have found surrogate diesel kinetic data and thermodynamic data. When I run the pre-processing I get the following error message:

JobStatus = 199

Number of gas-phase species exceeds limitation of student license.  

The number of species in the chemical mechanism file is 201. What is the limit on the student license? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

200 is a very complex and detailed mechanism. I don't know the limits, but try with 10 and see what happens. You'll get a similar learning experience and it'll solve much more quickly. 

• ed12s6w
      Subscriber

Thanks for getting back to me! 

The mechanism I have is the reduced mechanism for a surrogate diesel, so less species and reactions than a complete mechanism. The issue I have is that I need to be able to compare different diesel mechanisms but with the limits I am unable to run them. The majority of the species are the reaction intermediates which are needed to simulate the combustion. I will look at if there are any species that can be removed, my only fear is that it would then not run properly.

I have the student version of Chemkin on my personal machine, however at university I have access to the academic version, but with the current situation I do not have access to it. 

Thanks again for getting back to me!

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

You're welcome. Maybe learn/tinker & review the settings etc for now and re-run when you get back into the office. Unless you can VPN into the University system? 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.