July 12, 2023 at 9:06 pmgandolfSubscriber
I am modifying the DI engine model to use a constant volume profile to calculate the temperature drop associated with injecting different fluids. I turned off heat transfer and I am using a single injection of n-heptane. I'm just confused about why after an initial drop in temperature, the temperature increases until a steady point. Any help is appreciated.
July 17, 2023 at 3:43 pmJudy CooperAnsys Employee
Without seeing the setup, it is difficult to answer this question. It looks like the temperature was initialized to 800 and then influenced by colder inlet stream (possibly intake air?), before increasing again due to combustion. I would try post-processing the run at different points to understand the cause.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.