Fluids

Fluids

Choosing from and to phase when simulating when using UDF for mass transfer mechanism

• shitizsehgal
      Subscriber

I am simulating a phase-change problem, i.e. absorption of water vapor into a liquid film of a halide salt solution. I am using a UDF based on Fick's law to define the mass transfer mechanism between the phases. My question is: Does it matter if from phase is gas and to phase is liquid? In reality, that's how I want it to be and that's how the UDF is written.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Mass Transfer to be described from liquid to gas. This holds true especially if you want to use the dedicated multiphase mass transfer UDF's. If you want to use DEFINE_SOURCE kind of UDF's where you need to define everything on your own I do not think that you need to stick to that.

Now why are you stuck there?
    • shitizsehgal
      Subscriber
      Reason being the standard state enthalpy being negative in my case for the vapor. As discussed from the other thread, the standard state enthalpy should be positive. In my case, the phase interaction is defined from gas to liquid as is the nature of the problem. ThatÔÇÖs why I asked this question.
    • shitizsehgal
      Subscriber
      Btw, by dedicated multiphase mass transfer UDFs you mean the in-built mechanisms such as evaporation-condensation, boiling. etc, right?
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.