October 18, 2018 at 9:19 pmPatriotis_MariosSubscriber
In case you are interested how to use s2p file of a PIN DIODE in HFSS here is how to do it using the new feature Circuit Elements on HFSS 19.2 release.
1st. You create a lumped port at the point where you are about to place the pin diode (it usually connects two metals).
2nd. Right click on the Circuit Elements -> create-> single-port model. And choose created port.
Note: I was trying to use multi-port since the pin diode is a two port network but it did not work properly, So the solution is to use single port for both OFF and ON state of the pin diode. According the desired state, you need to assign the respective s2p file provided from the manufacturer.
I have confirmed the simulation models with measurements as seen at the attached figure.
October 22, 2018 at 11:53 pm3AsifSubscriber
If you have two states, on and off, you can also consider using the circuit simulator that comes with Ansys AEDT. Your HFSS will provide model for your structure, and you can use a selector switch to pick the on or off block (each linked to its respective s-param).
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.