August 9, 2022 at 11:04 amSapir.ArgavaniSubscriber
I'm trying to run an airplane at large angle of attack
I have a problem with my results, the wings are stalling at smaller CL and angle of attack then reality.
When I checked the imbalance I noticed that the rethetat is not equal to zero. I have checked the mesh already and now I am checking the size of my domain.
I would like to know if there is any method of the solver (or other tips in general) which can help me solve this problem or if its.
August 11, 2022 at 4:17 amSurya DebAnsys Employee
Have you checked the flow field? Is there unexpected boundary layer separation happening?
Also, did you try to perform a mesh refinement study , specially near the boundary layer of the airfoil?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Heat transfer coefficient
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Floating point exception
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- How to model free convection warming of liquid in a plastic bag