General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Clashing sub conductors

• Juhani Manninen
      Subscriber

Hi

I’m trying to make model that calculates support insulator top end force, what is caused by two powerline magnetic attraction force, or it’s also called short circuit force. If current goes through powerlines same direction, there will be magnetic force which pulls powerlines together. The magnitude of magnetic pulling force is depended on the distance between the conductors.

So, is it possible to make a script that calculates the magnetic pulling force in every node or node group separately which take account distance between the powerlines and inserts that value to transient structural model in every time step? I have equation for total magnetic force and if I divide the value by powerline node count and somehow get the value of distance between power line nodes for each separately from transient structural model, i think can get close enough results.

Here is picture what i'm trying to explain above. It could be wrong way to do it, but if you have better idea, please tell.

• Bill Bulat
      Ansys Employee

This may not be the only way, but it's tempting to propose changing to coupled field element types (electromagnetostructural option) using command objects. This feature is not natively supported in Mechanical. Since we cannot attach files to these posts, I'll paste some slides from a presentation I created in 2018 below. I hope this helps.

• Juhani Manninen
        Subscriber

Is this way possible to do with student version? If i give you email address, can you send me more detailed information of this solution?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.