Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Client Machine does not borrow the licences

• techsupport
      Subscriber

I install the Server and upload the licences file. I install software in client machine and it working fine. When i went to borrow the license. they did not support borrow feature. Our license is borrow.

Thank you

Chirag

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

The TCP ports used for license checkout and license status (and borrowing license) are different.

Client communicates with server via port 2325 (default for ANSYS Licensing Interconnect) to checkout license.

But for license status (and borrowing license), it uses 1055 (default for FlexNet) and another dynamic port (default for vendor daemon, ansyslmd) to communicate with server. I'm guessing either or both of these ports are blocked.

Here are the steps to setup vendor daemon (ansyslmd) to run on a static port, then you can make sure that this port and 1055 are open between client and server

%%%%%%%

go to this (default location)

(Windows) C:Program FilesANSYS IncShared FilesLicensinglicense_files 

(Linux) ../ansys_inc/shared_files/licensing/license_files

, and modify the VENDOR line in every .lic files

so that it looks like this

VENDOR ansyslmd PORT=1056

(of course, you can use other port aside from 1056 as well)

then restart the ANSYS License Manager after you edit this.

%%%%%%%

• techsupport
      Subscriber

Whatever you suggest me i did change but Borrow feature does not work. I also send screen short TCp and UDP port list in Server.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

ok, this only shows that it's listening on the server machine but doesn't mean it's open between client and server machines. 

To check if it's open between these machines:

On the client machine, launch CMD Prompt, then issue the following commands

telnet  1055

telnet 1056

Note: You can turn telnet on by typing Windows features in "Search Windows" tool box , then look for "Turns Windows features on or off" and launch this. Then, scroll down to the bottom and check "Telnet Client" > OK

• techsupport
      Subscriber

I fix issue just firewall make off. I have another Question. Borrow week. When we talk tell me 2 Week.

Tell me how to borrow two week.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Academic licenses cannot be borrowed for more than 7 days.

• techsupport
      Subscriber

How many Academic licences borrow. I have 10 licences

• ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee

Each user is limited to borrowing only 1 license at a time.

Thank you,
      Matt

• techsupport
      Subscriber

I want to know about user. I have 10 licences. Can i borrow for 10 user.

• ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee

If there are 10 BORROWABLE licenses, 10 users could each borrow 1 license.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.