Fluids

Fluids

Cluster Batch Job: Save data from time steps

• Xsoliv
      Subscriber
      Hello,nwhen im using the workbench for a transient simulation, the individual time steps are saved and in post processing i can see the solution of every save time step. However for larger simulations im using the cluster with batch jobs and i have to start the simulation with a journal file. My problem is that only the last time step is saved and everything in between gets lost.nHere is my current journal:n/file/read-case /work/.../dp0/FFF-10/Fluent/Rund_1_18_05-1.cas.gzn/file/read-data /work/.../dp0/FFF-10/Fluent/Rund_1_18_05-1-00000.dat.gznn/file/auto-save data-frequency 1n/file/auto-save append-file-name-with time-step 6n/solve/set/time-step 1e-7n/solve/dual-time-iterate 10 50nn/file/write-case /work/.../Rund_1_18_05-1.cas.gzn/file/write-data /work/rwth0689/.../Rund_1_18_05-1-00500.dat.gznnWhat do i have to change/add to save every time step to import them later again in the workbench?nKind regards, Henrin
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      That journal is running Fluent outside of Workbench. The line n/file/auto-save append-file-name-with time-step 6nsets the frequency, and you're saving every 6 time steps. n
    • Xsoliv
      Subscriber
      Thanks, now i got the individual time steps in those dat.h5 files.nIs there a proper way to get those time steps back into the workbench? I cant find any possibility except for the last solution i get with /file/write-data /work/.../Rund_1_18_05-1-00500.dat.gz. But then only this last step appears in post processing.nAnother Problem i have with those batch jobs is that i have to save the solutions in a different directory cause whenever i open the workbench again everything new in the directory /FFF-10/Fluent/ will be deleted. Same with those time steps. They are saved in /FFF-10/Fluent/ but as soon as i open the corresponding simulation in the workbench all those time steps are deleted.n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      If you're running Fluent using batch etc outside of Workbench copy the case & data files out of the project. You can then work with the files in Workbench, but I tend to use Fluent standalone, CFD Post can also be started outside of Workbench. n
    • Xsoliv
      Subscriber
      So i got now all the data, but i have one last problem. When running in Workbench all time steps are in Post available, like in the picture below.nHowever i cant find a way to get all my time steps into Post when simulating on a HPC Cluster.nIs there a way to achieve what i want?nThanks for your help!n
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.