Electronics

Electronics

Co-simulation between HFSS and structural/workbench

• Sneh Patel
      Subscriber

Hello,

I have a design in HFSS and want to perform deformation on the design and bring back the data to HFSS to get EM simulation results based on the deformation. Is there a way to import the design to Ansys Mechanical to do the deformation and bring the results back to HFSS?

Thank you,

• Praneeth
      Ansys Employee

Hi Sneh,

It is possible to do the two-way coupling between HFSS and Mechanical. 

If you are using the latest version of Ansys Electronics Desktop, then you can do the mechanical deformation analysis by inserting the AEDT mechanical design and coupling it with HFSS.

If you are using any older versions, then you may have to use Workbench for doing the required analysis. For more information go through - Ansys Electronics 2022 R2 - Welcome to HFSS Help

Best regards,
      Praneeth.

• Sneh Patel
      Subscriber

Hi Praneeth,

Thank you for your response. I have installed Ansys Electronics Desktop 2022 R2. I believe that the latest version. When I insert a mechanical design in Ansys electronics, I only see an option for thermal and modal for solution type. I don't see an option for structural. I have attached a picture below. Can you guide me on how I can create this mechanical deformation in Ansys Electronics desktop? On Ansys Help, I read about "Structural Solutions (beta), " a new type of solution type in mechanical design in AEDT. However, when I checked Option -> General -> Desktop configuration, I didn't see any option to enable the 'Beta option'. Note: My license is provided for research by my university.

Thank you,

Sneh

• Sneh Patel
      Subscriber

Hi Praneeth,

Just want to let you know I was able to solve the previous inquiry about not seeing the "Beta Option" in the "Options setting in Ansys Electronics Desktop. After a few steps, I encountered another issue. I am getting this error message when I run my design in Ansys HFSS coupling with Mechanical. I have attached the error message screenshot below.

I would really appreciate your help with this.

Thank you,

• Nikhil Tamhankar
      Ansys Employee

Hi Sneh,

For structural solutions in AEDT, you do need the Mechanical PPE license along with the Electronics license. Mechanical Thermal can work with the Icepak license but structural needs the Mechanical license. Please reach out to your IT to ensure that you have the license.

Regards,

Nikhil

• Sneh Patel
      Subscriber

Hi Nikhil,

In Ansys Electronic Desktop, I was able to create the deformed geometry of the spiral as shown in picture 1. However, how do I now export or take that "deformed geometry" into the HFSS design for further EM analysis?

Thank you,

Sneh

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.