Photonics

Photonics

Co-simulation Interconnect / Verilog-VHDL (Modelsim, Cadence, iSim, etc…)

• lipee36
      Subscriber

Is it possible to interface Interconnect with hardware simulation using any hardware simulator?

Thanks,

• Guanhui Wang
      Ansys Employee
      Hi lipee36 INTERCONNECT can do so-simulation with Cadence, and the interop supports verilog-A models as well. Are you asking about this?
    • lipee36
      Subscriber

thank you very much for your response. Which simulation engine is supported with Cadence, irun?
      I was thinking on a general interface, to simulate Interconnect with VHDL/Verilog models. Something similar done with Python and Lumapi.
      Thanks once again,
    • Guanhui Wang
      Ansys Employee
      Hi lipee36
      Here are some information on the interoperability with Cadence: https://support.lumerical.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500012179982
    • lipee36
      Subscriber

thank you once again for your support. I have looked the link you've sent me. Indeed, there is some sort of integration, but it is on the schematic level. I need something on the description level. As I said, something like it is possible to have with Interconnect-Python, when I can interact with Lumerical nodes directly from my script. My goal would be to have VHDL/Verilog HW modules acting directly on the photonic circuit. As it is right now, I don't think it is possible to do it directly.
      Nevertheless, thanks once again for your help.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.