Fluids

Fluids

Coal gasification

• Manu j
      Subscriber

Hello everyone

I am using licensed version of Ansys fluent 14.1

I am simulating biomass gasification in Euler-Euler method with sand as bed material i have defined input velocity of air and biomass 

In boundary conditions i am confused  how to define mas species for the reaction. I know the proximate analysis of the biomass 

I also want to know can i solve this without writing user define functions  as i can use built in single rate kinetic model

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Hell Manu, 

I am not expert, you may want to look at following video. 

Regards,

Keyur

• maliuzair
      Subscriber

Hi

How can i model devolatilization of biomass/coal using eulerian-eulerian approach? Do i have to use UDF?

please guide

Best Regards

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Hi,

For the OP. I'm not sure for R14 but if you can upgrade to the R19.x version there are a lot more tools and functions in the multiphase solver. You'll also see significant speed and stability improvements. 

Maliuzair: You can model devolatilization using the E-E approach (it may not be easy, you may need UDFs and you will need species models), but DPM may also be suitable: check the guides for suitability.  I can't be more specific as unfortunately this question is the beyond the scope for ANSYS employees to answer on a public forum, so hopefully other student community users can chime in.

Cheers,
      Rob

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.