March 26, 2018 at 7:57 amEng1989Subscriber
My Name is Ibrahim, I have started simulating a 2d Axis symmetry Coaxial heat exchanger buried at certain depth. I have few points below which appreciate from you to answer me. The Systems interacting with different component Grout , Soil.
1) Do I need to build my model first in 3D then i can define my surface by Sluice Cut to model it on 2d.
2) Do i need to draw my model in Y+ region to avoid any issues with the meshing .
3) Do i need to draw my model half of it / Completely if it is Axis symmetry. if half how ANSYS will deal with Fluid Surface Boundary.
4) Do i need to create a thin layer between fluid surface and wall surface Or Wall surface to Wall surface for every interacting components.
Thank you very much
March 26, 2018 at 11:34 amVishal GanoreAnsys Employee
Can you show the schematic of your geometry? Are you using coil tubing which is generally used for coaxial heat exchangers.
March 26, 2018 at 1:14 pmEng1989Subscriber
Attached is a sketch for my model, Here actually no, it is normal Pipe buried on the ground rejecting the heat to the ground and interact with grout material and soil.
March 27, 2018 at 11:55 amVishal GanoreAnsys Employee
Top view is not shown but I believe you have multiple pipes inserted one inside other starting with inner pipe, insulation, outer pipe surrounded by grout and soil.
You could model half of geometry 2D axisymmetric case.
Here is the tutorial showing fluid passing through solid body. Use could solve it using axisymmetric case by creating only half of the geometry. Your model will be similar to this but having multiple fluid and solid body interacting heat with each other.
March 27, 2018 at 11:59 amVishal GanoreAnsys Employee
Many 3D heat exchanger cases are also available online that could help you if you wish to go with complete 3D model.
March 27, 2018 at 2:03 pmEng1989Subscriber
I have a Question regarding meshing. Do i need to define edge meshing for every surface contact. for example Soil surface with grout Surface , Grout surface with Outer Pipe Wall Surface,...etc. As i have done that with my model and then when i start my setup i got many boundary conditions around 25 which i do not have the enough data to enter it only Just Initial Soil temperature , Fluid Temperature In , Initial Grout temperature.
Can you please advise.
March 28, 2018 at 12:37 pmVishal GanoreAnsys Employee
Defining edge sizing will give you good control in creating mesh. It has nothing to do with BCs. You can share your generated mesh pic or BCs that you wish to apply and relevant location in your model.
If you wish to share your project file, attach it in Workbench achieve format for further investigation.
April 7, 2018 at 5:19 pmEng1989Subscriber
Sorry for the delay, Can you have a look for the attached project file.
Thank you very much.
May 1, 2020 at 11:58 pmAlidoctor2501091994SubscriberHello ibrahim i am ali doctor student i am working on a similar project wish contain coaxial under ground heat exchanger i wish if i can get some help from you thank you .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Heat transfer coefficient
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.