July 11, 2023 at 10:23 pmAmiri SavageSubscriber
Hi, I want to run a simple 2D simulation with a solid material and an adhesive polymer in Ansys. I want to induce an increasing stress on the solid material till failure. I'm having some difficulty defining the cohesive zone model. Specifically determining the correct contacts.
Would appreciate any insight in correct contact creation procedure.
July 12, 2023 at 6:28 amErik KostsonAnsys Employee
This tutorial shows how to set up a CZM model:
All the best
July 12, 2023 at 5:48 pmAmiri SavageSubscriber
Thank you so much for responding. Another question I had was how do you determine the material properties of the CZM material. I wasnt sure where i could find maximum normal traction, or normal separation across the interface. Is this something that we should assume? Also I assume this would change if I wasnt creating a model with a premade crack, correct?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- User manual
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Defining rigid body and contact
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.