October 1, 2018 at 9:28 pmhugo CFDSubscriber
I'm studying a quasi counter flow flat plate heat exchanger. In the simulation study I used hex elements in the multizone method.
When I apply inflation, a message "collision detected- have been removed" appears.
How can I resolve the error?
October 2, 2018 at 1:07 ammcoderonAnsys Employee
You may want to try changing the options of the collision avoidance. For more info you can take a look at this discussion:
October 2, 2018 at 1:31 amKeyur KanadeAnsys Employee
In short, you can use layer compression in advanced settings. If that also does not help then please reduce total prism height by reducing no. of layers or first height or growth rate.
In certain cases, you may also want to think of modifying geometry to increase gap between two walls.
Hope this helps.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- ANSYS Workbench Measuring within Design
- how to improve the inflation quality at sharp corners?
- check element type
- The mesh file exporter could not resolve cyclic dependencies in overlapping contact regions error
- How to resolve Mesh Failure
- Meshing Error
- Error in meshing
- Conformal vs Non-Conformal Mesh
- execution error inside the mesher. The process suffered an unhandled exception or ran out of memory
- inflation created stairstep mesh at some location
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.