General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Colours not visible on Ansys Mechanical APDL 2022 R1

• poldsnake
      Subscriber

Hello, I was modelling a simple support for solar panel and eventually came across a problem. Briefly: after inserting all infos about materials and sections, i created the kps and all of the lines. coupled dofs of purlins with beams and inserted a gravity load on the structure. The problem is that no matter the stress or displacement i want to check on contour plot, i can't visualize colours, everything is white (also values are definitely off).

Can you help me?

• Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee

Issue:

/COLOR, DEFA

to go back to default settings.

Hope this helps

• poldsnake
        Subscriber

I tried but nothing. By the way I never modified any of the colour table. Any other suggestions?

• Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee

Try in the product launcher (apdl) and under customization preference tab, and the graphics device name drop down, to choose win32c or 3D.

if that does not work then,
      I would try to reinstall apdl that is the only thing I could suggest at the moment

• poldsnake
        Subscriber

Well, thank you anyway. I have another question, I was trying to redo the exercise for the 1000th time, is it normal that whenever I mesh the inicial structure I get 2 lines of nodes for the oblique beam? For your information: I used beams188 for all of the elements, an Omega section for the oblique beam and a HEB100 for the vertical pillar. I dont know which nodes i should choose when coupling dof’s with the purlings. Also I used an external Keypoint to orientate the section.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.