April 8, 2023 at 7:18 amLeeSubscriber
I encountered a problem when I used the UDF “DEFINE_CG_MOTION” and “DEFINE_ZONE_MOTION”, the warning message below popped up during simulation: Warning: incompatible interaction between moving mesh and dynamic mesh model.
Model and settings description:
(1) As shown in Figure 1, the whole model consists of 3 fluid zone: fluid_1, fluid_2 and fluid_3, each zone is connected with interface. Fluid_2, fluid_3 and wall_bot_f1 are moving with a velocity v, now, I use “DEFINE_CG_MOTION” to control the motion of moving face, and “DEFINE_ZONE_MOTION” for fluid_2 and fluid_3.
(2) Interface settings: Interface_1: wall_bot_f1 and wall_top_f2;
Interface_2: wall_bot_f2 and wall_top_f3;
(3) Dynamic mesh settings:
Rigid body: wall bot_f1;
Rigid body: Interface_1;
Rigid body: Interface_1-non-overlapping;
Although the simulation can run normally, I am curious about this problem, what makes this happen? Does this problem influence the simulation result? How to solve it?
I need your help and advice, thanks.
April 10, 2023 at 1:50 pmFederico Alzamora PrevitaliSubscriber
Can you provide more context as to why you are using CG_Motion for one and ZONE_Motion for the others?
April 10, 2023 at 6:08 pmLeeSubscriber
There are two reasons:
1.If I use CG_MOTION for fluid_2 and fluid_3, too much surfaces I must set as rigid body in dynamic mesh, as shown in Figure 2;
2."Warning: multiple subdivision required on zone 23. Subdivide using Constant Ratio"
and "negative volume" error will pop up, as shown in Figure 3.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.