Fluids

Fluids

combine structured with unstructured Mesh

• schwaral
      Subscriber
      I have another question regading meshing. I have two domains I want to mesh with a conformal mesh ( I try to avoid interfaces). This works fine for unstructured mesh. Also when I use structured mesh (multzone --> hex/prism and free net typ = hexdominant) for only one of my two domains it works fine (2nd domain deactivated). When I deactivate my frist (strucured domain) and calculated only the unstructured domain I get a nice mesh as well. When I want to combine these two meshe the meshing tool is not able to compute a mesh. I think it is somehow a merging problem.I think this error (translated by google) helps:Multizone cannot tune to the transferred surface meshnIs it possible to have a conformal mesh with this (hybrid) mesh? DO you have any tips and tricks?n
    • schwaral
      Subscriber
      this is what I want without interfaces: nthis is what I get with same setting for conformal mesh: including this error as well: circular sweeps are not supported is also something I receive sometimes.nn
    • schwaral
      Subscriber
      I am sorry to text again. I figured most of it out but there is always on behavior remaining. In the picture in the middle of my green domain are not weird shaped cells. How can I get rid of them?.nnthese are my settings for multizone nappart from that i simply set the size at the surface and for the body. n
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.