Fluids

Fluids

Combustion-CHEMKIN

• Naiara
      Subscriber

Hello,

I started with combustion in FLUENT and I did several tutorials. In all of them, in Species model, it is imported a CHEMKIN Mechanism.

I would like to start doing my combustion simulation, but I do not know what to do with CHEMKIN Mechanism, that is, where it comes from? Can I generated a chemkin file considering my combustion gas?

Finally, how does CHEMKIN works?

My combustion fuel is natural gas.

Thank you!

Naiara.

• Raef.Kobeissi
      Subscriber

there is a set library for certain species that you can use directly. What is the chemical formula of the natural gas you’re using?

• Weiqiang Liu
      Subscriber

Hi Kobeissi,

I am doing a simulation with methane gas phase and surface mechanisms. however,  I meet error like' received a fatal signal (segmentation fault)' at beginning of calculation. All the mechanism files and thermodynamic data can be imported into Fluent without any mistakes.

I don't have UDF in my model. Do you know why? have you ever met this error before?

• Naiara
      Subscriber

Hi!

I am working with Natural gas, and I found GRI Mech 3.0 for methane combustion, is it another one with less soecies and reactions but still quite accurate?

Thank you!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.