Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Commlib error when running on linux

• toj
      Subscriber

I've installed Ansys (2021R2) on both a windows PC (which is the license server) and a linux (Centos) computing cluster. On windows everything works fine, on linux I'm able to open the software and create the models, but I'm unable to run them. When I try to run a system coupling job (for fluid structure interactions with Fluent), I get the following error:

"Awaiting connections from coupling participants...error: commlib error: can't load ssl library function (unable to load symbol from libssl.)", and then it just keeps waiting for connections from the coupling participants until I abort.

I get the same error whether I'm running from workbench or the command line interface. I also get the same error ("error: commlib error: can't load ssl library function (unable to load symbol from libssl.)") if I run a mechanical simulation without system coupling. It doesn't seem to be an issue with the specific models as the same models run without issue on windows.

I've found no reference to this error in the Ansys documentation or anywhere online, is this an error with the ansys install? Does the linux cluster that I'm running on need to be configured in some particular way?

• Hunter Wang
      Ansys Employee
      Refer https://www.ansys.com/it-solutions/platform-support, make sure your CentOS version is supported.
      Also refer https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v212/en/installation/unix_platform_libraries.html, make sure all required OS libraries are installed.
    • toj
      Subscriber
      Thanks for the response. The CentOS version (7.9) is listed as supported. I checked through the list of required libraries and found that openssl11-libs, based on the error message I suspect that this might be related, but I'm told by the group that manages the cluster that the server version of openssl(1.0.2) cannot be replaced.
      Do you think this is the source of the problem, and if so, is there a work around?
    • toj
      Subscriber
      This error was related to how the cluster/batch system is set up. Unchecking the 'Distributed' option in Mechanical solved the issue.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.