Fluids

Fluids

Compile User Defined Functions (UDF) for ANSYS

• Phihong
      Subscriber

Please help!

Hi everybody, I am a beginner at ANSYS. I already learn a bit about compiling UDF in ANSYS Fluent. I am wondering that might I compile in other apps, such as: Steady-state thermal, Static Structural and so on.

What I mean is: If I want to compile UDF, I must use ANSYS Fluent? Is there any other way to compile in ANSYS?

Then if my model is in "Static Structural or Steady-state thermal", and I have UDF in a C-code, how can I compile?

Please kindly to answer me. Thank you.

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Please check this

• Phihong
      Subscriber

Thank you very much for your quick reply Kkanade. However, the above video is for Compiling ANSYS Fluent with C-code. 

What I mean is: If I want to compile C-code with other apps, such as "Static Structural or Steady-state thermal", then how can I do?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

A UDF is used in Fluent only. The equivalent for Mechanical is "code snippets" and they're written in APDL command language: you'll want to ask questions about those in the Structural section of the forum. 

• Phihong
      Subscriber

Dear Rwoolhou,

Thank you a lot for your answer, I will ask this question in Structural Section.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.