October 16, 2018 at 3:16 pmsongSubscriber
Compiling demo-files such as ResRdDemo.F against binlib.dll failed using gfortran compiler. I have realized that binlib.dll is compiled with Intel Fortran compiler. However, it is not practical for me to use Intel Fortran compiler. Can I use gfortran compiler to compile ResRdDemo.F against binlib.dll? If yes, how. If no, any other choice? Thanks.
October 16, 2018 at 5:55 pmSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
you cannot use the libraries compiled using another compiler. I don't think there are any options to do this either.
October 16, 2018 at 9:22 pmsongSubscriber
Thanks for your response.
That is an issue. Even if I have an Intel Fortran compiler and compile it successfully, the c calling program can not call it unless the c calling program is compiled with an Intel C compiler as well. But the c calling program is designed to call other program's subroutines which are compiled with non-Intel Fortran compilers. In other words, the c calling program can not call other program's subroutines which are compiled with different Fortran compilers. Furthermore, I saw that somewhere Intel Fortran compiler is compatible with other Fortran compiler such as gfortran and others. All in all, I think it is ansys's issue.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.