July 6, 2023 at 10:43 amGeorge KountourisSubscriber
I have successfully compiled my code on Linux, and it runs fine.
On Windows, I have used the preprocessor definitions suggested here, on Visual studio 2022
While the material is recognized, it only sometimes runs, and often after significant delays, getting stuck at the setting up stage usually. I have realized that when running the simulation on a single thread (single core), the simulation gets set up and running normally. Looking at the task manager to compare between successful and unsuccessful runs, it seems that CPU/memory allocation is the problem: the program fails to find/allocate resources for the simulation to run (sometimes; or takes too long to do so).
I have also tried compiling the dll with Visual Studio 2013, as suggested in the link, but the material is not recognized, even when manually changing the preprocessor definitions like when I tried it in the newer version.
July 6, 2023 at 10:33 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
Unfortunately it is difficult to diagnose when 3rd party software or tools are involved. For example, minor difference of the versions can lead to some issues. and the plugin material is an advanced feature, very limited support can be provided. https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034915213-Flexible-Material-Plugin-Framework
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.