July 2, 2022 at 11:02 pmxiaoli.tangSubscriberHi, I am simulating the complex reflection and transmission coefficiencts (ts, tp, rs, rp) use stackrt script and FDTD. They give different results. I am wonderting whether the two methods calculate them in the same way? Thanks.
July 5, 2022 at 6:28 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
It is normal that they are different, in particular the phase. This is because STACKRT is an analytical solution, and the phase is correct on the interface, whereas the FDTD is a discrete method, its excitation source and the monitors cannot be on the front and back surfaces. Therefore you first need to correct the propagation phases. Please refer this article https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042095873-Metamaterial-S-parameter-extraction
Please note that, due to discretization, the simulated phase has some errors compared to the theoretical values. therefore even with such compensation, the phase might still not be the same in simulation and STACK. But with finer mesh such error can be reduced. I would suggest strongly to compare the absolute values of the Fresnel's coefficients.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.