November 10, 2021 at 1:07 amjhaleSubscriber
I am trying to get my model to detach using a cohesive zone model. I followed the ANSYS tutorial, but my model did not detach. I applied a displacement to the top part and the bottom part is fixed. Below are my results and setup.November 19, 2021 at 6:48 pmFebruary 2, 2022 at 9:08 pmdsarkarAnsys EmployeeIt seems the model used shared topology. Match control method(Interface Delamination Application (ansys.com) needs multibody parts without shared edge.
An alternative to this method is also Contact debonding which is more robust and less sensitive to mesh. Hope this helps!
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Large deflection
- Colors and Mesh Display
Top Rated Tags